2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2012 7:51 PM by ddalton1199 RSS

Slingplayer crashes - latest version

guygamps

Hi, I am trying to run the Setup Assistant in Slingplayer for Windows, main section I want to run is called "Setup Internet Viewing",

When I select this option next screen opens, I make sure that "I don't want to allow internet viewing... " is not ticked and I click Next

Then a screen comes along saying "connecting to your router",

then it crashes

every time, repeatable

Other pages of the Set up Assistant run OK, the Slingplayer crashes only when trying to go the the router setup screen (I am not getting connection from out of the home)

I have upgraded Slingplayer to latest version, 2.04522, I have upgrade the Slingbox Pro to latest version (1.40 I think), but it still happens

I have two computers on the network (LAN) at home running Slingplyaer, one is running Win XP and one is running Vista, both do the same.

Any ideas?

• Re: Slingplayer crashes - latest version
          Apprentice

Hi Guygamps,

This is very odd since you only have this issue when you select the Internet Viewing setup. I'd like to know if the Slingbox is hardwired to the router using a Ethernet cable no longer than 7ft. If you are using a wireless or a power bridge, it will be necessary to connect the unit directly to the router just for the setup and then take it back to the other room. If the Slingbox is hardwired to the router you will need to Reset the Slingbox and confirm if you have the same situation running the Setup at Slingbox.com.

Hope this helps

Regards

• Re: Slingplayer crashes - latest version
            ddalton1199

I had the EXACT same problem!!!!

I had to use the Active X Web setup at slingbox.com front page (setup) to get past the "connecting to router" crash problem that I was experiencing with the Windows Slingplayer program.