1 Reply Latest reply: May 19, 2011 11:34 AM by ranaleon RSS

Wireless 6 Mbps or wired 756K connection?

miamiparis

I have a wireless  6 Mbps internet connection but I don't have physical access to the router so I cannot plug in anything in the router.

And I have a wired DSL 756K modem and I have access to it.

For internet surfing, I use the wireless 6 Mbps connection because it's faster.

But for the Slingbox, is there a way to use the 6 Mbps connection while I don't have physical access to the router so I cannot connect the router to the slingbox, and I also cannot plug anything in the same room at the router (I don't have access to the router's room).

• Re: Wireless 6 Mbps or wired 756K connection?
          Apprentice

Hi, miamiparis

It seems that you are having some issues in order to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing since you do not have access to the local router.

In this case, if you have no access to the router, you will need to get a wireless bridge. You will connect the wireless bridge on the back of the Slingbox and you will be able to get the wireless signal sent by the wireless router. You will also need to make some adjustments in the router settings in order to enable the Internet Viewing feature.

Finally, keep in mind that the router is the only network device that provides the IP addresses. This means that if you cannot connect to the router, you will not be able to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.   

Regards