3 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2011 8:32 AM by bichmgnt Branched to a new discussion. RSS

colors washed out

bichmgnt

All the colors are washed out when I watch the slingbox but the source looks fine. Tried reseating all the connectors but it didn't fix it. I did notice that the colors changed when I disconnected the red and yellow cables and green (sysnc) made the picture go away. Everything else seems to be okay. I'm thinking the box is bad but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and what they did to fix it.

Steve

• Re: colors washed out
          chakkarinen Apprentice

If the source looks fine but the slingbox does not, I would suspect that the cables may have a problem.   Is it possible for you to test a replacement set of cables to see if that improves the video signal?

bichmgnt

Well, the fact that the picture changed as if the whole signal was there when I would remove individual cables makes me think that the cables are good and the signal to the slingbox is okay. Besides, this happened suddenly on a system that was working well and nothing was changed, no cables were touched, no equipment was added, etc. I think the box is bad but I'm still wondering if this particular problem has happened to anyone else and what they had to do to fix it.

Steve

bichmgnt

After paying for the slingbox support we went to the video settings on the slingbox set up window and reset them to the default settings. That fixed the problem Don't know how the settings were changed but now they look just fine.

If this happens randomly and nobody knows that I'm sure the slingbox people make a fortune off people like me that didn't touch their settings and don't know they have to be reset.

And the fact that there is no info on it anywhere that I can find is also disheartening.

I'm happy my box is working again but I'm not happy with the way they have their support system set up.