8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2011 3:16 PM by weejas Branched to a new discussion. RSS

There was a problem communicating with the Slingbox...

reznacz Newbie

Hi, I'm unable to connect to a remote Slingbox with my SlingCatcher. The error I get says "There was a problem communicating with the Slingbox..." I can connect from my PC (which is on the same network) just fine. TCP port is forwarded correctly.

What's VERY interesting is the fact that if I change Slingbox input to Coaxial via SlingPlayer and then try connecting with SlingCatcher, it works! But if I switch to COMPONENT input, disconnect from the Slingbox and try connecting again (with SlingCatcher), I again get the error "There was a problem communicating with the Slingbox..."

So... connection to Slingbox switched to Coax = OK

connection to Slingbox switched to Component = FAILS

Any ideas?

PS: I'm connecting to 3 other Slingboxes PRO HD using component input. 2 of those work, another one does NOT. So this must be a common error people get.

• Re: There was a problem communicating with the Slingbox...
          Novice

Hello reznacz.

If you are still experiencing issues connecting to the Slingbox using a SlingCatcher from a remote location, I will recommend you to reset the Slingbox and configure it again using the Web-Based SlingPlayer.

The issue might be with the Slingbox setup, therefore by resetting the Slingbox it should be resolved. Feel free to use the instructions on this link as a guide.

How to reset your Slingbox

I hope that helps.

Regards.

danweber

I have the same problem. SlingCatcher connects and streams the COAX input on my PRO-HD but it will connect and immediately show and error when the input on the PRO-HD is set to COMPONENT. Did you find a solution to your problem? I don't understand why the different inputs would cause a different behavior on the SlingCatcher side. My PRO-HD is running the latest firmware 2.1.90.

Help needed! Anyone from SlingMedia listening?

weejas

I'm having the exact same fault. I can connect and start streaming no problem if the co-ax input is selected however an error occurs if I try to connect when the component input has been left as the last one selected. The workround for me is to connect with the co-ax and the once connected and streaming swap over onto the component. I then stream at ~3250kbps via a 5000kbps upload with a 14000kbps download at my remote location. Not ideal but works ok. Weird thing is it's only an issue with the slingcatcher. I can remotely connect via the iPad and android app and also via the web based player when the component is selected - hence that's what I have to do if I need to swap the input. If sling.com are listening do they have any advice?