3 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2011 10:39 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Skin Mystery

HackFabrication Newbie

On Tuesday, May 3, 2011, my Slingbox Pro HD connected to my WOW Cable Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD cable box, mysteriously switched from the correct remote skin to a Comcast DVR remote.  When I started the player, the correct remote briefly appeared, then was replaced with the Comcast version.  This happened both on my home desktop (Win 7) and my laptop at work (also Win 7).  I have went into setup and 're-did' everything, to no sucess.

What gives?????

• Re: Remote Skin Mystery
          alanrichey42 Master

If you check recent posts on this forum you will see there are dozens of postings about this.  It's no mystery, Sling have admitted there was a mistake in a recent update to the 'remotes' database and have promised to fix it.

HackFabrication Newbie

Thanks for the reply.  I did a quick search (I'm not a total technotard), on the ProHD board and also Google using 'remote' and 'skins' as a keyword, but only found one other post (with no replies) on that happening this week.  I was dreading calling WOW 'tech support' to see if their changeover to all digital had caused the problem.  In a sense, I'm relieved that it is a Sling issue.  I imagine Sling will move with the same speed they did when the database was migrated....

alanrichey42 Master

I did a quick search (I'm not a total technotard), on the ProHD board and also Google using 'remote' and 'skins' as a keyword, but only found one other post (with no replies) on that happening this week.

Fair enough, but you really needed to do a full search, in fact there have been 5 threads running on this subject, your's makes six

Al