9 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2011 2:09 PM by ranaleon RSS

cant change channel

jadiutori

I can connect from my PC to the Slingbox, but I cant change the channel.  I can raise and lower the volume.  I tried the different remotes.  But cant seem to figure it out.  It has been working fine for months.

• Re: cant change channel
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

jadiutori

Alan,

I'm still battling this remote issue.  I'm learning alot along the way.  I'm still reading through all the material on the link you sent me.   What seems weird is the remote control was working for about 3 years, then all of a sudden stopped working.  I did make some changes on my account for Sling (just did some renaming) so I wouldn't expect that to cause this problem.

I'm using a DirecTV receiver.  The IR blaster is properly placed right in front.  I rebooted both the sling and the receiver.

This might sound weird but I have a WebEx account.  I can start a session and if you are willing, you can join and troubleshoot with me.

let me know.

Thanks - Joe

alanrichey42 Master
                  I'm using a DirecTV receiver.  The IR blaster is properly placed right in front.  I rebooted both the sling and the receiver.

What about all the other suggestions in that thread ?

Remote Address

RF/IF selection

Camera test

jadiutori

I've tried every single code.  I select DirecTV as my receiver.  Then it asks for model.  I dont see anything on the fron so I choose "other".  Maybe I need to look closer to see if I can find a model for that device.  Anyway, I've tried the 25 differnt codes that the Sling suggests.  None of them work.  I havent tried the digital camera trick yet.  It's possible I could have a hardware error.  Let me try that and I'll get back to you.  Thank you.

alanrichey42 Master

All DirecTV boxes use the same code, so pick any of the displayed ones.   You still need to check the RF/IR issues and the Remote Address.

jadiutori

Camera Trick - my darn batteries were dying on me.  I thougth I saw a flash but can be sure.  I'm getting fresh batteries and will try again tomorrow.

RF/IF - I'm pretty sure the remote uses IF.   Before I even tested the Sling IR blaster, I checked the hand-held remote and I could clearly see the IF lighing up.  Then I went to test the Sling IR and my battieries died about 30 seconds later.

Remote Address - can you tell me more about this?  I'm looking through the material but dont see anything.

Thank you

alanrichey42 Master
                                  Camera Trick - my darn batteries were dying on me.  I thougth I saw a flash but can be sure.  I'm getting fresh batteries and will try again tomorrow.

No mobile phone ?

RF/IF - I'm pretty sure the remote uses IF.

IF ?  Intermediate Frequency ?    I assume a typo and you mean IR.

Remote Address - can you tell me more about this?  I'm looking through the material but dont see anything

A number of systems, including DirecTV, allow you to set a different remote address so you can use multiple boxes in the same room.  You need to make sure you select the right address when you set up the Slingbox.  All the details are in your DirecTV manual.