5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2011 10:10 AM by chakkarinen RSS

Does not get all my Comcast Xfinity Channels

dean0088

I have the SlingBox Pro connected and it only gets my Basic Cable it does not delver all my channels from my Comcast Xfinity. I believe part of the problem is the connection as the instructions say I connected the cable from the wall to the IN on the SlingBox and then the OUT does to my cable box, but this really makes no sence  to me because I'm thinking the signal should go through the cable box and then to the SlingBox but I don't see a way to do that.

Any ideas? 

• Re: Does not get all my Comcast Xfinity Channels
          nightmayr

you have to use your composite out or component out from the cable box to the appropriate port on the sling box as the coax cable is unable to scan your higher channels due to encryption and lack of cable card support.

dean0088

I do have both the audio and video composite cables connected

chakkarinen Apprentice

I think that nightmayr is saying that you do want to first connect cables from your wall to your cable box, then from your cable box to your Slingbox, and then from your Slingbox to your TV?, since only the cable box has the proper hardware to decrypt all of the video signals coming out of your wall.  So the Slingbox will not be able to transmit the display of some of your channels unless they have first been decrypted by your cable box.

cowboystar13

cables from your wall to your cable box, then from your cable box to your Slingbox, and then from your Slingbox to your TV?,

With this setup only getting one channel......   Tried scanning the channels - what ever on the TV is what I get on the laptop.....

With the other suggestion hookup - only get the basic or first 30 channels.....sound like the slingbox not able decrypt the COMCAST channels

chakkarinen Apprentice

Since this person is connecting his TV to the output port on the Slingbox, then the TV will show whatever the SB is slinging.   In order for the person to show something on the TV that is different from what the SB is slinging, then the TV would need to be connected directly to an output port on the cable box.  But cable boxes that I am personally familiar with can only display one channel at a time, and only to one device at a time, so in order for the SB to sling a different channel than the TV is displaying from a cable box, then you would need TWO cable boxes -- one for the TV alone and one for the SB alone.