5 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2011 12:30 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

HDCP-019

DBarlan1

Own a HD-pro..been using it for a few months,recently I get a code and a message saying that my TV is incompatible, I checked my HDMI cables by switching them with other televisions in the household, the cablesa are fine, is anybody else having or had this problem.

• Re: HDCP-019
          alanrichey42 Master

Sounds like your cable/satellite company has done an over-the-air update to the firmware in the box in order to implement HDCP and your TV is not new enough to support the handshaking. 

DBarlan1

Yes Oceanic time Warner did do an update but I have a Samsung LEDTV.

alanrichey42 Master

Are you getting the message on the TV or just via the Slingbox ?   How do you have everything wired up ?

DBarlan1

Okay I got everything wired up correctly, I've watched it on my phone and on my laptop, it is only until Oceanic did an update that I can't view anything but I can hear voices, I did get the error code wrong, it is HDCP-0020, You did recommend to take out my HDMI Cable, I did and the picture quality was just terrible on my tv, and I did hook up RCA Cables and it is just awful. The only way the video comes out on my phone and laptop is when the tv is on....need help..really dont want to sell the slingbox after all the trouble I went thru to get it.

alanrichey42 Master
                          Okay I got everything wired up correctly, I've watched it on my phone and on my laptop, it is only until Oceanic did an update that I can't view anything but I can hear voices, I did get the error code wrong, it is HDCP-0020, You did recommend to take out my HDMI Cable, I did and the picture quality was just terrible on my tv, and I did hook up RCA Cables and it is just awful. The only way the video comes out on my phone and laptop is when the tv is on....need help..really dont want to sell the slingbox after all the trouble I went thru to get it.

I actually asked how you have everything wired up, not if it was correct   So let me try and guess.

If you are using the RCA Composite then the picture will be SD so I can understand that is not perfect.   But the 'official' way of getting around this is to use the component output of the box to drive the Slingbox and then use the component pass-through to rive the TV.  That way both devices get the proper HD picture.

If you don't have a component output then you are screwed.  But this isn't Sling's fault, of course, it is your operator deciding that you will not be allowed to view 2 HD sources.  In that case you are stuck with HDMI to the TV to get a decent picture and SD, via the RCA Composite cables, to the Slingbox.