6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 8:01 AM by txskibum RSS

DVR and sling mobile for the iPad

tommyk

Can you watch TV for shows that were DVR'd using sling on the iPad?

Or can you just program shows and NOT watch.

• Re: DVR and sling mobile for the iPad
          Jenningsville Newbie

My slingbox solo's connected to my humax 9200 DVR. I have full control of all the DVR record and playback (as well as just watching the live TV on it ) using my Sling Mobile for iPad app.

tommyk

Thanks.  I have a different cable box (Scientific Atlanta 8300HD).  Hopefully, I'll get the same results with my cable box as you get with yours.  It's interesting the sling website does not say you can watch DVR shows, but only that you can arrange to have the shows recorded.  If anyone is using Sling for the i-Pad with a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD I'd appreciate your input.   Thanks

jsuttin Newbie

I've got the TWC SA dvr and watch recorded shows via slingplayer.  You go to miscellaneous/settings and the dvr menu pops up.  Then you use the up and down arrows to select the show you want and play it.  The toughest part is fast forwarding because of the delay in signal and data flow.  When i try to fast forward i usually regret it it because i have to rewind back and end up taking moretime than simply watching the commercials.

txskibum

I have Directv, and I cannot figure out how to access the DVR shows I have recorded from my iPad!!  Very frustrating.  Only have controls to pause, rewind, play, etc...  But, I want to watch a recored show that is on my Directv DVR!