3 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2011 4:53 PM by Fofo RSS

Can't say enough good about customer service

sagetek

I have read all the horrow stories about the customer service at Sling, but let me relate my service today.  I have an old (1-2 years and out of warranty for sure) Slingcatched I got for next to nothing, as it was completely dead.  I knew it was not the power supply after doing some testing, etc.  Anyway, I called customer service, and within 20 minutes, without having to pay an upfront "trouble" fee, I have a new (or refurbished) replacement unit on the way to me for $149.00 with all shippings included to be swapped with my dead unit after the new one arrives.   This is a great price compared to one I recently bought on ebay.  Tech was very nice, and I appreciate good service like this, from what ever country it came from.

It would seem as long as they service the Slingcatcher like this, you can keep on getting it repaired should it ever die.  As I said, much cheaper alternative than ebay.

• Re: Can't say enough good about customer service
          sagetek

Received the unit today!  It was sealed in a plastic bag just like new units.  No way to tell if it was new or refurbished, but no scratches at all on it.  They still make these for England, so maybe it was new.  $149 price included shipping both ways, with a pre-printed return label.  I really like the getting a new one before the old one is sent back, so you know you are not getting your unit back only repaired. No mention of what would happen if you didn't return the old unit though.

So, if you can get a dead unit on the cheap, add $149 and you are the proud owner of a "new" slingcatcher, not available in the USA anymore!  This could be a fluke, or has this created a market for "dead" slingcatchers on ebay?  Buy one for $50, and you are in business for $200 for a "new" unit.  Of course only the main unit itself was shipped, but the power supply ($19) and remote (never go bad) are pretty much easy to replace if even needed in the first place.

• Re: Can't say enough good about customer service
            deeceetee

I am at a loss trying to find a phone number for customer/technical support. Which number did you dial?