8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 11:49 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Shaw Direct Remotes

jtkemp

Does anybody know how to find the correct virtual remote for the Shaw Direct PVR630 receiver?  Can't find it listed anywhere in the list of devices.  Am I missing something?

• Re: Shaw Direct Remotes
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

davidvoltz

This doesnt work for my Shaw direct 630. their was a section you can manualy programe your Sling box but I cant find it. Why hasnt sling box added the Shaw direct 630

alanrichey42 Master

This doesnt work for my Shaw direct 630.

What doesn't work ?

their was a section you can manualy programe your Sling box but I cant find it.

It was in that thread.  http://remotes.slingbox.com

Why hasnt sling box added the Shaw direct 630

With probably over 50,000 diferent A/V devices in circulation it just isn't practical to add every single model.

NiZa

With all due respect, this model of PVR is gaining much popularity in Canada as Shaw is now pretty much nation-wide as opposed to being limited to the West coast as they used to be.  I am located in Toronto and have a Shaw Direct PVR 630 and know a couple others who have it as well.  I try to promote the Slingbox products as much as possible, but when I tell these people I cannot control my PVR receiver (ie. can only control basic ShawDirect satellite receivers) my praises fall on deaf ears.  It is becoming more frustrating as I spend less time at home with little opportunity to set recordings and it would help immensely if I could have this capability on a remote basis.  Please look into adding this remote sooner rather than later.  Thank you.

alanrichey42 Master

Fair point, but you misunderstand my role.  I have nothing to do with Sling Media, I am just a concerned citizen who tries to help people out when Sling do not support their device.  So it's no good asking me to do anything

Also, I am a bit surprised when you say this box is common, as when I checked on the Logitech Harmony database only one user appears to have uploaded it.  I would have suspected many more users would have installed it.  That might explain why Sling haven't done it yet.

So, this Custom Remote is based on that single upload, so I am not 100% confident, but please give it a try.

NiZa

I tried the Custom Remote from the link you sent Alan, but no luck.  I appreciate the attempt though.  Now it's on to try to create my own.

alanrichey42 Master

I guess you didn't read the README file properly ?   In particular the bit that starts "....If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless...."  I know you said "..no luck..", but that is just as useless.