2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2011 12:15 PM by joerogers RSS

Slingbox Samsung H3090

joerogers

I have my Pro-HDhooked up to aTimeWarner Samsung H3090. I am receiving audio and video but the Guide will not change the channel. I was told by Time Warner that the H3090 had a dual tuner so that I should be able to change channels on the SlingBox without changing the channel on the TV hooked to the box. Has anyone else had this issue?

• Re: Slingbox Samsung H3090
          alanrichey42 Master

I am surprised they said that,   Most dual-tuner boxes simply use the second tuner to record a second program while you are watching one on the primary tuner, and they do not give the user access to the second tuner.

And if you only have a single remote then I don't see how you can do it.   Or does your remote have a TV1/TV2 switch so you can control the dual tuners ?

• Re: Slingbox Samsung H3090
              joerogers

For some reason, my SLingbox is now processing the channels via the on screen Guide.  Before, when I set it  up withthe cable coax into the SB and then out to the STB, I could not access the cable only channels.  With the new STB - which should have no impact - when I wired it this way, SB operates all the channels perfectly and the STB functions with no problem.  SOmetimes I am just thankful when these gadgets work even if there is no rhyme or reason as to why.