3 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2011 2:04 PM by cristina RSS

Exchanging Mobile Player for WM with Player for Android

danyray

Had for quite a while the Slin Mobile player for Window Mobile. Because of internal memory shortage on the WM smartphone, it never worked properly, so I removed it and never used it. I now have a new advance Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy S) and wondered if I can download the Android version instead of the WM version I never used.?

Thanks for your kind response

Dany

• Re: Exchanging Mobile Player for WM with Player for Android
          kathymc

It depends on where you purchased the sling application for your phone.  If you purchased it on Zune for your windows phone, you can not transfer your sling application to a android phone.  You will have to purchase a new sling mobile application from the android market, unfortunately.  If you purchased the sling app. from the same market your would be able to transfer your license to your new phone. I know this because I had to purchase the sling player application twice because of switching from a android phone to a windows 7 phone.  I didn't like it, but I had to do it!  It was worth it to me, I love my slingbox!

Hope this helpts

danyray

Dear Kathy

Thanks for your kind response. The truth is that I boght the slingbox several years ago and received the Mobile player directly from Sling Media. I was hoping someone from Slingmedia would look it up and get me the exchange.

o my WM6 phone I did not use it at all because of internal memory shortage that got the player to stall al the time, so I was hoping that now with my new advanced Android Smartphone.

Dany

Novice

Hello danyray.

As we understand, you are wondering if you can transfer a registration key from your previous Windows Mobile phone to a new Android. Since Android is a new platform, you will not be to transfer the key, you will need to purchase the new application from the Android Market.

Feel free to check the following article for more information:

Did you replace your handheld or get a new one? Want to know if you can transfer your registration?

Regards.