20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2011 2:05 PM by TheYank RSS

cannot connect to SlingBox HD Pro

TheYank Newbie

just upgraded my slingbox located in my brothers House in the US.  I  had no problems connecting to the older slingbox.  Now when I try and  connect I get Error   0x923400df.   Whenever I try anything it says no slingbox found on the network?

I  THINK I forwarded the port properly using 5001 but as I have never done  this before I'm not really sure it worked. I have a netgear Hub I  received from Virgin Media when they upgraded my Broadband to 50 MB. (it didn't work before I got the hub either)

anyone have any suggestions as to what my problem could be?

Gary

PS I can connect to the box viewing through the web and I installed the latest software I previously had v2 as well when it worked.

• Re: cannot connect to SlingBox HD Pro
          TheYank Newbie

an update - I can no longer access the slingbox through the web either at home OR in the office which is on a different network entirely.

NOTE: - I could access my old box  on the web while at work.

TheYank Newbie

after talking to Technicians  my brother finally got the box working grea.  It has now stopped agasin with a different error code this time

0x92340011 - what is going on?  After spending so much money on the flagship model I expected something better

TheYank Newbie

I got up this morning in England and was hoping whatever caused the problem would have gone away but no still cannot connect - this time I het a different error message  0x92370001.

Please someone respond and give me some suggestions - I'm getting very frustrated with this new box.

jacquesmontreal

I have the same problem since i change my network. I have tried to change the power box without success. The network light is off and the red upsidedown U is shown in a solid red. Any other suggestions??? Thanks

Apprentice

Hi TheYank,

This seems to be a network conflict at the Slingbox location, we need to get more information about the connections at hoe; is the Slingbox hardwired to the router using a regular Ethernet cable or are you using a bridge? I recommend to Reset the Slingbox and then run the Setup at slingbox.com to check if the issue persists.

If the issue is with the network light (blinking or off), have a look at the following links, you will find some troubleshoot steps that you can try out,

The Network light on my Slingbox is blinking. What does this mean?

The Network light on your Slingbox is off

Hope this helps

Regards

TheYank Newbie

Well we seem to have partially cracked this.  I get a connection and when I lose it my brother needs to unplug the slingbox for 10 seconds and it is then usable.  On the face of it that sounds livable but lately we need to unplug it nearly every day - sometimes more than once a day.

My brother rang technical support again and this time was told to get the router (netgear) technical support to set up a static IP address and let slingbox technical support know what it is - what's that all about?  Apart from having to pay Netgear $40 for the support I don't feel at all comfortable with this.

I paid $300 for a premium product and we are having far more problems than we had with the earlier model which was much cheaper.  I would appreciate any help that would get my slingbox working properly.

Apprentice

It seems to be network issue at home, the Slingbox is losing the connection very often. Have a look at this,

Solving general problems with Internet Viewing - look here first

Also, confirm with your brother the location of the Slingbox, if you have this unit on top of a hot surface, this can create connection troubles, have a look at this discussion,

PRO HD with same known SOLO video freeze problem

Regards

TheYank Newbie

To early to tell as I don't use the box much during the week but an update:

My brother forked out the $40 to Netgear support to have them configure a Static IP address.  Reading another of your posts I'm not convinced that was a good idea but it has happened now.  I haven't spoken to him but he said earlier that slingbox support asked him to phone back with the new IP address which I'm sure he did.  I don't need that on my end do I?

His router is a Netgear  WGT 624 v2 which is alleged 108Mips so that should be more than fine on his line.

fingers crossed

Apprentice
                                I haven't spoken to him but he said earlier that slingbox support asked him to phone back with the new IP address which I'm sure he did.  I don't need that on my end do I?

You don't need that IP, that's only for the Internet Viewing setup at home. With the Static IP, the router will not change the IP assigned to the Slingbox even though the router restarts.

chakkarinen Apprentice

The 108 mbps on your brother's router refers to its maximum speed for wireless transmissions, which can be achieved if the devices connecting to the router have a compatible wireless card.   In other instances, the maximum wireless speed would be 54 mbps, which would still be more than adequate for your Slingbox needs. 

But I assume that your brother has the Slingbox connected to his router with an Ethernet cable, which most likely would provide at least 100 mbps connection speeds.

The static IP address now assigned to the Slingbox is most likely different from the one that had originally been assigned dynamically by his router -- which is why the Slingbox support staff would have requested a callback, so they could input that different IP address into their database.   But, once assigned a static IP address, the Slingbox should always have that address, whenever the router gets turned off or loses power due to outages, etc.

TheYank Newbie

well so far so good but a little question.  How can you tell what channel you are watching through the slingplayer apart from changing the station?  If it isn't possible can it be added as an enhancement request for a software update please.

Gary

chakkarinen Apprentice

When you are watching a program on your Slingbox, do you display a simulated remote control on your computer screen also for the TV or cable box that is providing the broadcast signal to the Slingbox?   If so, look for the "Info" button on that remote.   Clicking on that Info button on that remote control should display the channel number that is being display in the Sling Player window.

TheYank Newbie

when my brother got up in the states he said   unplugged cable modem....router....slingbox....nothing worked,,,still can't connect - said it didn't stop blinking for 10 minutes - then we got in

now it has frozen again 5 mins later tops

TheYank Newbie

ok - you guys admit there was a problem and there was a new software for my brother to download + configure - He did that but I still freeze after a few minutes.  counted 4 times so far.  The ONLY difference I notice is that this time when I close the slingbox down and stasrt it again it does reconnect so you got part of it right.

but as I just found out - not always does it connect