3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 12:16 PM by ranaleon RSS

Unable to change channels with Slingbox on?

linesider

My remote or manual channel change controls for my cablebox will not change the channel on the cable box when Slingbox is on. If I turn Slingbox off, and reboot the cable box, all is well. But as soon as Slingbox is turned on, I cannot change chanels with the cable box remote, the cable box manual buttons, or using Slingbox. Very frustrating. What good is the device if you can't change channels? Anyone else having similar issues? (Scientific Atlanta 8300HD Cable Box, Slingbox Solo, Slinglink Turbo wireless to router).

• Re: Unable to change channels with Slingbox on?
          Apprentice

Hi, linesider

We recommend you to remove the Slingbox from your network (connection to the cable box) and test the cable box physical remote control. This test will allow you to determine if the issue is related to the cable box itself or not.

Let us know how it works for you.

• Re: Unable to change channels with Slingbox on?
              linesider

I appreciate the reply. However, it doesn't appear that the content of my question was considered. I have tried disconnecting the Slingbox and testing the remote for the cable box. The cable box and its remote work fine when the Slingbox is powered off. I even exchanged the cable box for a new one. However, when Slingbox is powered on and in direct proxcimity to the cable box (physically connected or not), neither the Slingbox controls or the cable box remote will change channels. The signal is initially received as I can see the channel display change. However, the box then "times out" and the channel reverts to the original channel. This leads me to believe the IR blasters are working, the cable box and remote are working, but there is some sort of IR interference from the Slingbox that is causing the cable box to revert. I have even tried disconnecting each connection from Slingbox to cable box individually to isolate a problem but the only success I have had is actually powering off the Slingbox and rebooting the cable box. Perhaps there is some way to isolate or shield the Slingbox from the cable box?