1 Reply Latest reply: May 16, 2011 3:14 PM by Josebrenes RSS

slingbox a/v from work stopped working

ACC275881

I have had a slingbox AV for 2 years and it always worked flawlessly- on the road, from work, anywhere. (slingplayer 1.5.0.032?). about 2-4 months ago it stopped working from work ONLY, and kept giving me error messages about firewall settings (0x 7_____). I assumed that work had wised up and blocked it. so I tried the direct connection method (IP  and port number) and that still did'nt work. the only thing I did setup-wise lately was configure slingplayer for my sons' IPOD touch (jailbroken and a non-purchased IPOD slingplayer that he had previously installed). I have tried to use slingplayer software 1.4.xx.xx and no dice. I have reset slingplayer to out-of-box settings, nope. the thing is EVERYBODY else's slingplayer works from work excect mine.  setup is comcast cable internet, linksys wrt54g2 v1-port 5001,slingbox AV. no slingplayer software version works. is it possible that my setup is trying to log in through slingbox.com (blocked at work) to connect instead of directly to my slingbox?. as stated, everybody else's works at work with all versions of slingplayer that I know they have tried- I even tried my finder ID in their running slingplayer software. nada. help?!!!!!!!???!?!?!?!!?