8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2011 8:33 PM by 730cannon RSS

Problem communicating with Slingbox

rjh

Two years w/o problems. But now, message "Poblem communicating with Slingbox." Then "Unable to connect to the Slingbox. Check network,firewall & router settings." I disabled firewall. No changes in router since everything was fine. Still no communication. Treid to reinstall Slingbox but message "No Slingbox found"

Any help/advice very gratefully received.

Roger

• Re: Problem communicating with Slingbox
          ACC624557

Hi Roger,

I wish I could help you but I'm having the same problem as you.  The slingbox has worked without issue until recently and there have been no changes on my network since I got it.  Now I'm having the "There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Make sure that your Slingbox is ON and connected to your network. Also check that firewall and router allow access. Do you want to retry?" message.  It's making my mornings in the office without sportcenter unbearable.  Hope that if we keep posting someone will respond.

Gabe

philasprtsfan

same problems, no help what so ever fromj sling box support, other then the old it will cost you 50 bucks even though your one year warranty is still in effect, oh yeah, plus the old if you can hold for a second and the hang up because it was the end of the night. My opinion, when it worked it was amazing, but sling box is a scam and all the blogs I have read indicate that this is common with sling box.

730cannon

exactly the same is happening to me.  sling worked w/o issue then suddenly it's out w/i min's of reseting it.  wonder if there are ways for others to push the thing of the network?

rjh

Many thanks to those who responded.

I bought a new slingbox! I plugged and wired it into the existing connections and still, no communication. Having bought a new box, I qualified for the free telephone help. I phoned and was told that the problem was known to Slingbox - it was the plug/adaptor that powers the box. "Over time, although it powers the box, it fails to provide enough power for the internet connection. Use the new plug/adaptor and you should have no problem". So I did and communication problem was solved! Except it cost me a new Slingbox rather than the price of a new plug/adaptor.

Best wishes,

Roger

crazed_z06

rjh wrote:

Many thanks to those who responded.

I bought a new slingbox! I plugged and wired it into the existing connections and still, no communication. Having bought a new box, I qualified for the free telephone help. I phoned and was told that the problem was known to Slingbox - it was the plug/adaptor that powers the box. "Over time, although it powers the box, it fails to provide enough power for the internet connection. Use the new plug/adaptor and you should have no problem". So I did and communication problem was solved! Except it cost me a new Slingbox rather than the price of a new plug/adaptor.

Best wishes,

Roger

Interesting.. so can we buy a new adapter then I wonder?

Mine is disconnecting constantly also..

slingetj

I get the problem communication with slingbox error 0x80072745, context 20, operation 1011, what does this mean?

730cannon

so where do we get the plug adapter?