1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 21, 2011 2:26 PM by ranaleon RSS

Error Code W213, have tried the advice on Slingbox Answers Forum

bigblue40

I am getting error code W213.  I have been Internet viewing remotely for months and just about 3-4 weeks ago started getting error code W213. 

I've had a friend check that both lights are on the Slingbox Solo (solid, not blinking) and the Internet connection works (ie. he can connect to the Internet using the same wireless router that the Slingbox is connected to).  As far as I know there have been no changes to the router.

I have tried all of the steps listed in the article "What to do if you Slingbox connection drops" but am unable to complete running the Slingbox Set Up after having my friend reset it, since it can't locate my Slingbox.  I can see my Slingbox in the directory though.

I've also tried to connect after having disabled my Mac's firewall to no avail. 

I am working away from home, what else can I do troubleshoot remotely?

Thanks.

• Re: Error Code W213, have tried the advice on Slingbox Answers Forum
          Apprentice

Hi, bigblue40

First, the following link will allow you to understand what the W213 error means.

Understanding Watch on Slingbox.com error codes

Regarding the Slingbox issue, if it shows a solid network light it means that the Slingbox is a "healthy" unit and the issue is not Slingbox-related.

The most important detail is that the Slingbox is not being detected on the local network. This means that the security software might be blocking the connection between the Slingbox and the home network. We recommend you to check this link for further details.

Internet security and personal firewalls

As a final recommendation, we encourage you to use a different computer in order to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing (at the Slingbox location).

Make sure to follow these recommendations and let us know how it works for you.