2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2011 11:18 AM by bjfuller RSS

Help using Network Setup Assistant

swimbladder

I along with everyone else it seems am having trouble getting my ipad 2 to work with the slingbox.  I've got the slingbox solo and it works great with my pc but I have yet to get it to work with my ipad 2.  I've reinstalled the app, refreshed the network list and I still get the "SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox..." message every time.

So far I've been trying to use the Network Setup Assistant to manual configure my router to talk to my slingbox.  However, I get this error message at the every last step.

"The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type".

Does anyone one know what this means?  What's the work around?  Thanks

T

• Re: Help using Network Setup Assistant
          Apprentice

Hi, swimbladder

If your Slingbox is working fine at this moment using the default port number (5001), you will not be able to create a new rule trying to use the same port number. That's why you get this specific error message (the port is already in use).

Regarding the compatibility between the Slingbox and the iPad 2, you must know that even though some people were able to get it up and running, it is not officially supported and we do not know if it will be supported any time soon.

• Re: Help using Network Setup Assistant
            bjfuller

I have just downloaded slingbox to my pad2.  I can't get the remote or any other functions to work.  WHat do I need to do?