2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2011 9:56 PM by socalgail RSS

Using Slingbox to Send Programming from Sat. Recvr to Remote PS3

socalgail

I am not sure if Slingbox is the solution I need. I hope someone will clue me in.

We have two Satellite Receivers (Dish & Directv) with HDMI outputs that currently plug into a Panasonic Plasma TV.

We have a Sony Bravia TV hooked up to a PS3 in another room. Can we stream a program from the Satellite receiver into the Sling Box HDMI input and sent the signal to the PS3 or to another Slingbox in the other room using the SlingLink for connectivity and then into the HDMI input on the Bravia?

SatRecvrHDMI-out -> SlingBox -> SlinkLink ->SlingLink->Bravia TV

|->PS3

Thanks.

• Re: Using Slingbox to Send Programming from Sat. Recvr to Remote PS3
          Novice

Hello socalgail.

Since you want to stream the TV content from a Satellite Receiver to your Bravia using a Slingbox, I will explain to you which are the devices that you need to perform this setup.

Can we stream a program from the Satellite receiver into the Sling Box HDMI input and sent the signal to the PS3 or to another Slingbox in the other room using the SlingLink for connectivity and then into the HDMI input on the Bravia?

SatRecvrHDMI-out -> SlingBox -> SlinkLink ->SlingLink->Bravia TV

|->PS3

The Slingbox do not have an HDMI input, however you will be able to stream high definition with a Slingbox PRO-HD using component cables.

You will need to use SlingLinks if your router is not near your Satellite Receiver, since those are power line bridges you will not be able stream any content from your AV source using the SlingLinks only.

A SlingCatcher is a device that will allow you to stream the Slingbox content to a TV, so this is what you need with the Slingbox, to stream the content from your satellite receiver to the Bravia.

Feel free to check the following links for additional details:

SlingCatcher Support

I hope this answer your question.

Regards.