15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2017 7:35 PM by ACC6782430 RSS

Cogeco Canada TIVO

ACC6782430

I cannot find a remote that will work for my Cogeco TIVO DVR  (T6 - HD DVR - MOCA - TB Multi room Device). Any advice? I get the picture and sound okay.

• Re: Cogeco Canada TIVO
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

ACC6782430

Thank you Al. I am unable to reach the link you sent.

I read a large number of posts and was unable to find any describing specifically my situation. I will contact Slingbox by phone to see if I can resolve the issue or alternatively return the product. I do appreciate your response.

Best. Karen

alanrichey42 Master

The link works fine for me.  What happens when you try it ?

ACC6782430

I have some malware detector on the computer that is blocking that link, although it allows me to access all other locations on the site. I have just spoken with customer support and they have confirmed that there is no current remote that will work with my box. They are sending me a link to request that this remote be added as there are currently 3 other people searching for this device.

Thanks again.

Karen

alanrichey42 Master

No it's not your detector.  Sling Media is just too lazy to keep their web certificates up-to-date.    Yet another indication the Company is being sloppily run and seem to have no interest in doing anything now they have discontinued producing Slingboxes.   It's perfectly safe to access the link.

By all means post on that link they gave you  but I can tell you now it will be months, if ever, before the remote is produced.

I might be able to help but I need a proper Model Number.  'Tivo DVR' is not enough.

ACC6782430

It’s too bad because it’s a genius product! We live half the year in Canada and half the year in Argentina and this would solve a few problems for us.

The DVR / service provider info is as follows:

Cable Provider - Cogeco Cable (Grimsby)

DVR Branding - Cogeco / TIVO

Manufacturer - Dolby Laboratories (Mexico)

Model No. - TCD848000

The tech rep I spoke with tried most of the TIVOs and a universal remote but could not get any to work.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers. Karen

alanrichey42 Master

The tech rep I spoke with tried most of the TIVOs and a universal remote but could not get any to work.

In that case he was doing something wrong (or your IR isn't working) as this is definitely a bog-standard Tivo box.

alanrichey42 Master

Try this Custom Remote I built Tivo Premier   If that doesn't work (it's been downloaded and presumably used, 244 times) then you definitely have an IR problem.

ACC6782430

Will definitely try that. There is no visible IR port on the DVR but I have tried placing the cable in different locations. I will try your custom remote….. fingers crossed. Thx.

ACC6782430

Me again. So two things.

1. I have not been able to identify the location of the IR port on the DVR I have. I called the cable company and they said this particular device does not have one. Need more research there but maybe it will never work.

2. I am not sure how to access / install your custom remote. I downloaded the files but not sure how to incorporate them. I am in the section where I choose “custom” and need to select a file….. but not sure where to go from there.

Karen

alanrichey42 Master

If you had followed the link I suggested you would have figured this out    It sounds like your box uses an RF remote  (easy way to find out, put your hand over the front and see if it works.  If it does then it is RF)  If so you are stuck.

But most new boxes are switchable between RF & IR so read the manual and see if yours is.

On your second question, are you actually following the instructions ?   (You did check the README file I hope ?)

ACC6782430

Ha ha! If you had not continued to insist this would work I would have given up. But, with your encouragement, I found the specs on the TCD848000 and it is also called Roamio Plus…. which is on the site. I found another site, unrelated to sling box, and someone was able to tell me where the IR port is… even though the person at the cable company did not know.

So, it is working.

Thanks!!!!

Karen

ACC6782430

The remote that will work with the TCD848000 is the Roamio Plus TIVO model. It's working!!!!