5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2011 6:05 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Comcast Digital Pro-HD Configuration

ACC136025

I have the Slingbox PRO-HD connected to the Hauppauge 2250 tuner and both mobile versions for the iPhone and iPad. Everything used to work perfectly before Comcast encrypted their programming.  Now, I am no longer able to use the Slingbox PRO-HD and the mobile software. The only few channels I am able to view are the free over-the-are channels and those are hit and miss.

Because I cannot obtain a straight answer from SlingMedia, I am at a loss on how to configure the Slingbox PRO-HD.  Any specific assistance is appreciated.

• Re: Comcast Digital Pro-HD Configuration
          Apprentice

Hi, ACC136025

The Slingbox (any model) is capable to stream what it gets. This means that if your cable service provider has decided to encrypt their signal, there is no workaround to apply. However, you can check this link in order to apply some adjustments that might help you.

Fewer channels with Clear QAM

• Re: Comcast Digital Pro-HD Configuration
              ACC136025

"Hi, ACC136025

The Slingbox (any model) is capable to stream what it gets. This means that if your cable service provider has decided to encrypt their signal, there is no workaround to apply. However, you can check this link in order to apply some adjustments that might help you."

Well, now we are getting somewhere. Based on most (all) service providers having transitioned to all-digital encrypted content, I would like you to comment on the relevancy of SlingMedia hardware. As you had stated, because encrypted content nullifies the functionality of SlingMedia hardware, under what specific purpose would someone purchase your product(s)? You may have a difficult time arguing that a handful of free over-the-air channels justify the cost of a $300 SlingPlayer HD Pro.  As I stated earlier, I paid (wasted) almost $400 in SlingMedia hardware/software which is completely useless with today’s technology. Because of, SlingMedia cannot possibly exist as a business by selling incompatible and or obsolete products. Unless SlingMedia can offer a product similar to Ceton’s InfiniTV, it is clear that SlingMedia’s days as a business entity are numbered.