2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2011 8:12 AM by relicsofthenile Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slinglink Turbo 1 port lights not on

eilniel

We purchased our current slingbox and slinglink 3 years ago. It appears that the Slinglinks are not working. When I plug both into the same outlet, the links lights do NOT light.

I think we have to purchase new slinglinks. Will we have to purchase a new slingbox, or will the new slinglink work with our old slingbox?

• Re: Slinglink Turbo 1 port lights not on
          relicsofthenile

I have the exact same issue that started Monday, the 4th. I've had my Slingbox and Slinglink since 2008 and have never had problems until now.  Now I'm wondering if I need a new Slinglink, Slingbox, or both?  Any input from this forum would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Slinglink Turbo 1 port lights not on
              eilniel

We bought a new SlingLink (not Slingbox) and it is working now. I underestimated the importance of having the SlingLink plugged into an outlet without other interference. We tested the SlingLink in the same outlet and they were fine. When we moved one to the basement, we plugged into an outlet that had a surge protector in the other outlet. There was too much interference. When we moved the SlingLink to its own outlet it was fine. One problem though is how short the cords are - makes it hard to move the SlingLink too far.