3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2011 12:50 PM by seadollar RSS

PRO-HD won't connect to Netgear N300 Wireless Router (WNR2000v3)

zzz3

I have a Slingbox Pro-HD that was working okay with a Linksys router now I can't get it to work with 2 other routers. The Linksys router was giving me trouble so I tried to hook up the Slingbox directly to my Verizon FIOS Actiontec router (MI424WR). Slingbox setup did not see the Slingbox "Your Slingbox can't be located. Please make sure it is getting power and is connected to the same network as your computer." I bought a new Netgear N300 Wireless Router (WNR2000v3) thinking the problem was the Verizon FIOS router. Same problem, same error message. I also have a Slling Catcher on my network. Any idea what could be wrong? I already added port forwarding, start port 5001, end port 5001 using server IP address 10.0.0.2. Not sure if that is correct. Here are my attached devices from the Netgear router settings page. The Slingbox Pro-HD is on port #2, the Slingcatcher is on port #4. Please help.

Wired Devices

#IP AddressMAC AddressDevice Name
      110.0.0.400:1D:92:37:43:8FCUSTOMTRADING
      2192.168.2.25400:13:B6:48:52:D0<unknown>
      310.0.0.300:14:22:4B:2F:32DELLPREC670
      4192.168.1.200:13:B6:40:68:29<unknown>
        • Re: PRO-HD won't connect to Netgear N300 Wireless Router (WNR2000v3)
          Apprentice

Hi, zzz3

If the Slingbox shows solid lights and you keep getting this specific message, the root cause is the security software running on this specific computer. The following link will provide you with some information that might help you.

Internet security and personal firewalls

If the issue persists, we recommend you to use a second computer in order to set up your Slingbox. You can also try to use the SlingPlayer software as a second option.

SlingPlayer for Windows

SlingPlayer for Mac

Once you fix this issue, we recommend you to check this link. It will provide you with the steps to follow when you use more than one router in your home network.

Help setting up Internet Viewing when you have multiple routers

• Re: PRO-HD won't connect to Netgear N300 Wireless Router (WNR2000v3)
            seadollar

I just finished connecting my Netgear 300N to my Solo Sling Box. I was having the same problem you are describing. This is what worked for me.

I found the new router did not refresh and replace the old IP address of the sling box. Note: when you replace a router it can only see hardware addresses (IP addresses) that are within it's subnet or its list of addresses it assigns. What happen with me is the old router gave my sling box a 192.168.0.200 ip address. The new Netgear router uses 192.168.1.XXX numbers. So wrong address = can't see you. To get the Netgear router to release and issue a correct address I had to 1. disconnect the network cable to the sling box.  2. Connect to my router via my computer and refresh the list of connected devices so the sling box was gone from the list. 3. Reset the Sling Box Hold the reset button in for about 30 sec. 4. Reconnect the network cable. 5. refresh the connected devices listed on my router. 6. confirm that a correct address had be given my Sling Box 7. Go to slingbox.com and reconfigure my sling box and 8. Happy days are here again. Hope this helps