2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2017 2:15 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

I keep getting this message after the new update from Sling.

jaytcox9995
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I can't seem to get past this message:

Welcome! To setup your new Slingbox...

Please download and install the free Slingplayer for Desktop application to setup or reconfigure your Slingbox. You will find it in the Desktop apps section here. After you install, please launch the application and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Re: I keep getting this message after the new update from Sling.
          ShingKwan

Since the latest windows 10 update only MSexplorer seems to be able to get a response from Slingbox and then in set up mode even though it is a machine already in use with a valid account. In all other browsers, no picture streams and no remote control. I am using the window app. If the browser support is no longer available, they should say so.

• Re: I keep getting this message after the new update from Sling.
              alanrichey42 Master

Recently Sling changed the viewing logic (they called it 'streamlining', I hope they weren't serious )  so that only the M1 can be viewed on the Desktop Player.  To view any other model of Slingbox you have to use the browser.  However, ALL models of slingbox have to use the Desktop Player to configure the inputs.

Now, we have seen a lot of reports on here, including from me, that for older Slingboxes, they screwed up the transition, and flagged a lot of Slingboxes as 'unconfigured', even though they were working before and could still be viewed on a mobile device.

I think that is what you are seeing.   So you need to install the Desktop Player to re-configure the input, then use a browser to watch the stream.