2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2011 11:13 AM by ooom1 RSS

What's the problem if I've checked my network connection and the slingbox network light doesn't light up?

ooom1

I think I've done everything:

I've disconnected the slingbox power cable, network cable.  Checked the network connection (even went to another connection that serves my access point wireless router (that I KNOW is working) and, still, the network light doesn't come on.  Have done a reset, with the reset button.  No luck.

There was a time when it worked.  Then, I had to disconnect stuff for some reason, and when I did I had to call tech support to get me back up.  That time all the proper lights came on and all was good.  Now, I had to do the same thing and this time, without calling tech support, I put everthing together and the network light never again has turned on, NO MATTER WHAT I'VE DONE!  ANY SUGGESTIONS???????????

• Re: What's the problem if I've checked my network connection and the slingbox network light doesn't light up?
          mj27

I have the exact same problem, my network is working perfectly fine, everything else works fine except slingbox, I am no longer able to use it anymore, it's bullshit, this thing is junk, the lights on the front will never come on no matter what (except for the power light).

• Re: What's the problem if I've checked my network connection and the slingbox network light doesn't light up?
              ooom1

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having the same problem.  And, unfortunately, I've found no solution.

I actually bought a new slingbox to try on my network, and all the lights came on.  Of course, I took it

back to the store (I wasn't going to pay $180 AGAIN.  But it did prove that all was working right on MY side

of the system.

I'm quite surprised that such a 'simple' device (there must just be a small circuit board inside the box) can't

be traded in for a 'nominal fee' to replace the defective one.

I hardly even used the darn thing.  But, time goes on, and before you know it, it's past 90 days and any remedy

costs.

I hope you can use technical support to convince them you deserve a break.

They will insist you use their $30 troubleshooting support to determine what might be wrong with your box.

And in some cases they might offer you a replacement box ($100 minus $30) for $70.  But, you end up spending

$100 nevertheless.

You'll have to make that decision.

Best of luck.