1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 25, 2011 6:13 PM by Skoller RSS

Will not allow PQ to change when not at home

Skoller Newbie

I just bought an iPad 2 and when using SlingPlayer Mobile in my home network, everything is fine. However, when I am not in my network, it will only allow me to stream via SQ and will not allow me to change to HQ - the buttom is "greyed" out. This happens whether I'm trying to connect over WiFi or 3G. This used to work fine on my original iPad so I'm not sure why it's no longer working. BTW - I have it set to default to HQ, but it still loads at SQ when outside my network. If it matters, I have a Linksys 610 router.

• Re: Will not allow PQ to change when not at home
          Skoller Newbie

After a lot of experimenting, I fixed the problem. When I set up internet viewing via the auto setup option over the internet, this problem occurred every time. So I decided to try setting up internet viewing using the setup option in SlingPlayer on my laptop. When I did it this way, for some reason it worked so, although I don't know what happened, the auto setup option was clearly not making some changes to my router that I was able to make when setting it up manually through SlingPlayer.