2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2011 12:56 PM by barrycm86 RSS

Strange colored lines on SlingPlayer viewer

barrycm86

Hi.  I have an older Slingbox; it looks like the one called "Tuner" in  the grid.  I have two Windows 7 PCs that I watch it from using  SlingPlayer desktop software (I don't use the web-based viewer because I  need the buffering feature.)  One PC is working fine; the other used to  work, but now has these crazy colored marks all over the screen.  A  picture being worth a thousand words, here's a screenshot:

screenshot.png

Any help greatly appreciated...

Chris B

• Re: Strange colored lines on SlingPlayer viewer
          Apprentice

Hi, barrycm86

If you say that one of your computers works fine when running the SlingPlayer software version, the issue is not related to the Slingbox but that specific computer. Otherwise, all of your computers would show the same behavior.

I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the SlingPlayer software version and update the video drivers on this specific computer. Make sure to follow these recommendations and let us know how it works.

• Re: Strange colored lines on SlingPlayer viewer
              barrycm86

Thanks for the response, ranaleon.  I un-/re-installed the desktop player, and checked for an update for the video driver (there wasn't any.)  Same problem.

This has worked without trouble on this laptop in the past, although it had been many months since I used it (not my primary computer.)  The only thing I can think of that changed is it was upgraded to Windows 7.  My primary PC is a desktop that also uses Windows 7, and Slingplayer works fine on that, as it does on our other Win7 laptop.

Totally agree that the problem is local to this laptop.  This is really strange...