11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 3:55 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Code for Buffalo

interinmente Newbie

Hello I have just bought a Buffalo DTV-H400S Digital Tuner, but in my Slingbox Classic set up doesn`t appear. Where can I get the right code to make it works? I cannot change channels right now! I am on a MAC

• Re: Code for Buffalo
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

interinmente Newbie

Thank You, I checked the link, but nothing is useful for me. I found a code for a Buffalo DTV-H300S (mine is a H400S type), but after I installed in the folder indicated, it doesnt appear in the set up process. In the instructions is not indicated which number is necessary for the Mac version but only for Win

What to do?

Thank again

alanrichey42 Master

Assuming you are talking about the file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8903 what EXACTLY don't you understand with instructions.  Be VERY specific.

interinmente Newbie

Yes I am talking about that file:

I dont understand this:

Mac version:
                      ------------
                      Put the two files into your /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/ (Note that The Contents dirs won't show up unless you do a "Right-Click -> Show Package Contents" when navigating into an app's "Contents" directory.)
                      Now go into Slingplayer and run Setup Assistant and 'Configure Video Sources'.  Work through the screens Making sure you select 'Standalone DVR' as the device type (regardless of the type of your device).
                      This time use 'Other' as the Manufacturer and the Model and in the next screen scroll to the bottom of the Code numbers, select 'Custom' and then type C2010 (NOT C2010, the code is case-sensitive) in the newly appeared Custom Code window (or use the Alternative Code window in the MAC).  Then complete the setup as normal.  Note that some devices (Comcast DTA for example) do not support Power On/Off so will fail the power test.  Just ignore it and carry on.
                      When he says :  type C2010 (NOT C2010, the code is case-sensitive) ....what is the difference?
                      Then:or use the Alternative Code window in the MAC..... which one is the Mac code?
                      Anyway I followed all the instructions on how to put the file in the SBAV folder, but it doesnt appear when I setup the Slingplayer. on the Slingbox Classic
                          alanrichey42 Master

interinmente wrote:

Yes I am talking about that file:

I dont understand this:

That is whole thing, I was hoping you would be more specific     Let's try and break it down:

Put the two files into your /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/ (Note that The Contents dirs won't show up unless you do a "Right-Click -> Show Package Contents" when navigating into an app's "Contents" directory.)

I am guessing you are happy with that ?

Now go into Slingplayer and run Setup Assistant and 'Configure Video Sources'.  Work through the screens Making sure you select 'Standalone DVR' as the device type (regardless of the type of your device).

Happy so far ?

This time use 'Other' as the Manufacturer and the Model and in the next screen scroll to the bottom of the Code numbers, select 'Custom' and then type C2010 (NOT C2010, the code is case-sensitive) in the newly appeared Custom Code window (or use the Alternative Code window in the MAC).

That should read  "....then type C2010 (NOT c2010).....  my fault.

Then:or use the Alternative Code window in the MAC..... which one is the Mac code?

What do you mean ?   The instructions say type C2010 in the Alternative Code Window.   What isn't clear with that ?

Cheers

Al