3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2011 12:14 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox Solo -- Unable to Engage the Guide Feature on Vitual Remote Control

wvillegas16

I am unable to engage the "Guide" feature on the vitual remote control.  Any help is most appreciate as I am in Afghanistan.

• Re: Slingbox Solo -- Unable to Engage the Guide Feature on Vitual Remote Control
          alanrichey42 Master

Not enough information.   Device type ?  Built-in remote or Custom Remote ?   Realistic remote 'skin' or the Sling default ?  EXACT description of symptoms ?

Remember there is no such thing as too much information when you asking for assistance.

• Re: Slingbox Solo -- Unable to Engage the Guide Feature on Vitual Remote Control
              wvillegas16
              The "Onscreen  Remote" is not customized...it is the Sling Default.  I am able to control the  "mute" button using the "Onscreen Remote"; however, I am unable to the change  the channel when pressing the "Guide" button located within the "Onscreen  Remote".  That is, the channel guide does not prompt so I am unable to selected  a new channel.  The only way the channel station is changed is through my wife  changing the channel station while at home.  I do not have the ability to change  the channel from my location. 
              I have been in Afghanistan since Feb 5th and there has not been an issue with changing the channel using the "Onscreen Remote".  Two days ago the problem started and I have been unable to change the channel.
              My wife reboot the  Slingbox at home and the problem still exist.  The Slingbox IR Sensor Bulbs have  not moved and are still taped down as they were when I initially set-up the  Slingbox on 27 Dec 2010.
              Any help is most appreciated.
              ~Will
                  alanrichey42 Master
                  The "Onscreen  Remote" is not customized...it is the Sling Default. 

That is true for 80% of all devices.  You only get a realistic skin if Sling have designed it.  Last I saw that was only for just over 100 devices.

I am able to control the  "mute" button using the "Onscreen Remote"

Not relevant.  Slingplayer intercepts the Volume and Mute buttons and uses them to control it's own volume  They are never sent to the Slingbox.

Two days ago the problem started and I have been unable to change the channel.
                  My wife reboot the  Slingbox at home and the problem still exist.  The Slingbox IR Sensor Bulbs have  not moved and are still taped down as they were when I initially set-up the  Slingbox on 27 Dec 2010.

I assume you have rerun the "Video Sources" setup routine again, in case the remote was corrupted ?  You can do that remotely, no need to be at the location.

Your wife needs to check the blasters are fully plugged in, and can she check the IR Blasters are actually firing ?   http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000042.html

Cheers

Al