5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 5:10 PM by Pantaydaya RSS

Recording Slingbox program on remote PC

euromktg

Hi all,

I'm a film buff, and record lots of films from abroad that come in from my Slingbox.  The only two software I've found that do the recording are SLR Software and an application from Applian.

Has anyone found another way to record their Slingbox from a distance (forget MReplay - SLR is much better, but it still has lots of bugs, and the author has abandoned it, he told me).

-Bill

• Re: Recording Slingbox program on remote PC
          dbsguy Apprentice

The "AT-Large" recorder by applian or the other you mentioned are the only 2 real options....

dbsguy Apprentice

The other option is to use a DVR at the slingbox location which can be controled by the slingbox. For example if you have a cablebox with dvr functionality the slingbox will be able to watch, control and playback anything live or recorded at the host location.

euromktg

Good answers dbsguy.  I tried out At-Large Recorder, but it had technical problems too that Applian didn't want to fix (it's an old product, they told me).  And I already have a PVR next to my Slingbox (though I still haven't figured out the codes for using the remote).

It's just amazing to me that anyone these days watches anything on TV live!  We weaned ourselves off of watching live back two decades ago with VCRs. And now that it is so easy to use our PC to record a TV stream, why would anyone want to sit in front of their screen and watch a program/file live?  I, for one, keep on advancing by one minute jumps, whenever it gets boring - probably lots of others out there like me.  I just can't imagine why no software company has released a software that actually works (unlike SLR and At-Large - which have both been abandoned by their authors, they told me).

We'll see what the future holds in store!

sbepko

Has anyone tried the application from Jakstra ?  Much cheaper than Applian.

Pantaydaya Newbie

I have the Applian Suite and use the Replay Video Recorder, a few weeks ago they updated and it's much better, but I also have Bandicam and I absolutely love it. I hardly use any Applian apps these days and always go for the Bandicam which also allows open gl as well as choosing your target area. There is a trial version which allows something like 5 mins or your recording has a Bandicam watermark but I'm sure after 30 secs only you will be clicking to buy the full version. Hope you like it