4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2017 5:23 PM by ACC6802826 RSS

How to Clear Login Screen on Fire App?

ACC6802826
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I can't believe that I can't find the answer to this question on-line, because it's so frustrating yet probably ridiculously simple:

I'm using the "Slingplayer for Fire TV" app, and I tested it out the first time by logging in to my friend's account.  I then logged out, wanting to try my own login.  But my friend's account information is still in the boxes, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to clear or overwrite them!  There's no obvious "clear" button, and I've tried clicking everything, double-clicking, exiting and re-entering, etc

Can someone please embarrass me by explaining how to do this?  It's been very frustrating.

• Re: How to Clear Login Screen on Fire App?
          SlingSupportCynthia Newbie

Hello,

I do apologize that you have been experiencing issues with the login screen of the Slingplayer app on the Fire TV. I will provide some steps that should work for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

1. Once you open the Slingplayer app on the Fire TV, you should see the login screen. The first box for the email address should already be highlighted in blue. If it's not highlighted, use the up and down buttons on the remote of the Fire TV to highlight it. Then press the select button on the remote.
          2. You should then see a keyboard on the screen of your TV that gives the Clear option near the bottom. Use the navigation buttons on your Fire TV remote to highlight it and press the select button.
          3. Once the previous address has been erased, go ahead and put in your account login details. You should be good to go! Simply fill out the rest of the information and start streaming.

Thank you,

Cynthia

Sling Media Moderation Team

ACC6802826

Thank you for your prompt reply, Cynthia...I appreciate it.  The problem was that the keyboard wouldn't come up, for some reason.  I I think it was just being a little temperamental...

I do have another quick issue, if you wouldn't mind: I'm using the app to watch my Verizon FIOS DVR box (model #QIP7232-P2).  I can use the Fire remote to pull up the on-screen FIOS guide, but I don't know how to get back to live TV from that screen (like a "cancel" or "escape" function).  I've found myself trapped in the guide, and I've gone to the Slingplayer Home page just to start over.  If you can answer that for me, I promise not to bother you any more!

Regards,Jonah

To: Jonah Smith <smitovsky@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:53 PM

Subject: Re:  - How to Clear Login Screen on Fire App?

How to Clear Login Screen on Fire App?

reply from SlingSupportCynthia in Jonah Smith - View the full discussionHello, I do apologize that you have been experiencing issues with the login screen of the Slingplayer app on the Fire TV. I will provide some steps that should work for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.   

- Once you open the Slingplayer app on the Fire TV, you should see the login screen. The first box for the email address should already be highlighted in blue. If it's not highlighted, use the up and down buttons on the remote of the Fire TV to highlight it. Then press the select button on the remote.

- You should then see a keyboard on the screen of your TV that gives the Clear option near the bottom. Use the navigation buttons on your Fire TV remote to highlight it and press the select button.

- Once the previous address has been erased, go ahead and put in your account login details. You should be good to go! Simply fill out the rest of the information and start streaming.

Thank you,CynthiaSling Media Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Jonah Smith by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following How to Clear Login Screen on Fire App? in these streams: Inbox

SlingSupportCynthia Newbie

Hi Jonah,

It's definitely no bother helping you out! Once you're streaming on the app, you can bring up the menu by pressing the button with the three horizontal lines on the remote. The menu will look like this image below.

menu.jpg

After you bring up the guide on your physical remote at home, you would normally use the arrows to select a channel and press okay. Of course you can also either enter a channel number to go to the channel, or press the back or exit button to get out of the guide.

So on the Fire TV app, navigate to one of the options to the right of the highlighted icon you see in the picture above. Once it's highlighted, you will see other options display right beneath it. The image below will show some options you might see.

other.jpg

Simply use the directional pad on the Fire TV remote to highlight the next option you need, whether it's the okay button or the cancel button. You can also see how there's a filled in white dot right above the arrows in the image. If you see that, it means there's a second "page" of options you can see. You can see those other options by using the directional pad on the Fire TV remote to highlight the dot next to it, and click the select button on the remote. Hope this helped!

Thank you,

Cynthia

Sling Media Moderation Team